Division 47 - California Nevada Hawaii District of Kiwanis International
Associations & ClubsNon-Profit Organizations & Charities
Kiwanians are volunteers changing the world through service. Kiwanis members help shelter the homeless, feed the hungry, mentor the disadvantaged, care for the sick, build playgrounds, and much more. No problem is too big or too small. Why? Because by working together, many can achieve what one person cannot accomplish alone.
Since Kiwanis first came to the West Coast in 1917, Kiwanis members of California, Nevada, and Hawaii have been making a positive impact on the communities and people around them. From disaster relief efforts to youth scholarship programs, being in Kiwanis is all about “giving back.”
With more than 15,000 Kiwanis members (and more than 48,000 members in our Service Leadership Programs), the Cal-Nev-Ha District is the biggest in Kiwanis International. Our clubs and members contribute in excess of $5,300,000 and 850,000 volunteer service hours to their communities each year! Together, we ARE changing the world, one child and one community at a time. Kiwanis members are guided by the six permanent Objects of Kiwanis International. They are:
· To give importance to the human and spiritual rather than the material values of life.
· To encourage living by the Golden Rule.
· To promote higher social, business, and professional standards.
· To encourage and be servant leaders.
· To build Kiwanis clubs that build lasting friendships and serve and strengthen local communities.
· To promote justice, patriotism, and goodwill.